Great ideas and plan.
I plan to save at least $3000 for a home purchase, secretly i hope its more but I’m starting small. I’ve already setup a 1st time Homebuyers Savings account for the funds.
My Financial resolutions for the new year 🙂
- Start a new free savings account for my daughter and son.
- Fund our Roth IRA’s to the max. The limit is $5500 if you are younger than 50 years.
- Increase our emergency fund to cover our basic bills from 3 months to 6 months.
- Be debt free. We currently have $10,000 medical debt.
- Make more charitable donations.
- Declutter my house and sell/donate what we did not use in 2014.
- Piggy bank for a vacation.
- Have fun saving 🙂
What is your financial resolution for the new year?